Welcome to East Africa Business Journal (EAB Journal) (www.eabjournal.com) is owned and maintained by East Africa Business Journal. Registered in England Registration No. 030-835024. Registered Office 25 Hambrook Court, Ingestre Road, London, NW5 1XB.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY: The contents and design of the Site, and any material e-mailed to you or otherwise supplied to you in conjunction with the Site (such contents, design and materials being collectively referred to as the "EAB Journal Content"), is copyright of EAB Journal. You may not use or reproduce or allow anyone to use or reproduce any trade marks (such as "EAB Journal" name and logo or other trade names appearing on the Site) for any reason without written permission from EAB Journal.
- USE OF EAB JOURNAL CONTENT: You may retrieve and display EAB Journal Content from the Site on a computer screen or mobile device, print individual pages on paper (but not photocopy them) and store such pages in electronic form on your computer or mobile device for your personal, non-commercial use. Except as expressly permitted above, you may not reproduce, modify or in any way commercially exploit any EAB Journal Content. In particular, but without limiting the general application of the restrictions in the previous sentence, you may not do any of the following without prior written permission from EAB Journal:
- Reproduce or store in or transmit to any other website, newsgroup, mailing list, electronic bulletin board, server or other storage device connected to a network or regularly or systematically store in electronic or print form, all or any part of the EAB Journal;
- Modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, reproduce, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, display, or in any way exploit all or any part of the EAB Journal Content (including as part of any library, archive or similar service) without the prior written consent of EAB Journal;
- Remove the copyright or trade mark notice from any copies of EAB Journal Content made under these Terms. Any use of EAB Journal Content not specifically permitted above is expressly prohibited. Requests for permission for other uses may be sent to 25 Hambrook Court, Ingestre Road, London, NW5 1XB and may be subject to a fee.
- SUBSCRIPTIONS/ADVERTISING: EAB Journal will try to process your Subscription/Advertising promptly but does not guarantee that your Subscription/Advertising will be activated by any specified time. By submitting your payment and other subscription/advertising details, you are making an offer to us to buy a Subscription/Advertising. Your offer will only be accepted by us and a contract formed when we have successfully verified your payment and contact details, at which point we will provide you with access to the Subscription. You will receive written confirmation when your Subscription/Advertising offer has been accepted (beginning the fulfilment of a Subscription/Advertising does not signify acceptance).
- RENEWAL: Unless specifically stated in any Subscription/Advertising offer when you place your Subscription/Advertising order with us, you agree that your Subscription/Advertising will, at the end of the initial subscription/advertising period (and of each renewal period thereafter), renew for the same subscription period at the renewal rate agreed at the point of order. You may cancel your Subscription/Advertising at any time as set out below.
- CANCELLATION: Unless specifically stated in any Subscription/Advertising offer when you place your Subscription/Advertising order, you have the right to cancel your Subscription/Advertising at any time. You acknowledge that you will lose your right to a refund in relation to any issues that have been published before you cancelled. If you exercise your right to cancel, unless the terms of any Subscription/Advertising offer, we will reimburse all payments received from you, less a pro-rated amount for each issue delivered (if your Subscription/Advertising contains a print element) before you cancelled. In this section references to "published" includes publication on the Site. You may contact us at www.eabjournal.com if you wish to cancel your subscription/contract.
- FEES AND PAYMENTS: The price to be paid for your Subscription/Advertising will be made clear to you on during the order process and may vary from time to time. You agree to pay the fees at the rates notified to you at the time you purchase your Subscription/Advertising. Eligibility for any discounts is ascertained at the time you subscribe and cannot be changed during the term of your Subscription/Advertising. We will always inform you in advance of any increase in the price of your Subscription/Advertising and offer you an opportunity to cancel it if you do not wish to pay the new price. As well as Subscriptions/Advertising, access to some EAB Journal Content may be subject to a fee. All payments (including any applicable taxes) must be made in advance in US Dollars or other currency specified by EAB Journal. When you purchase a Subscription/Advertising or access to any other EAB Journal Content, you must provide us with complete and accurate payment information. By submitting payment details you confirm that you are entitled to use those payment details for this purpose. If we do not receive payment authorisation or any authorisation is subsequently cancelled, we may immediately terminate or suspend your access to your Subscription or Advertising or EAB Journal Content and in suspicious circumstances we may contact the issuing bank/payment provider and/or law enforcement authorities or other appropriate third parties. If your use of the Site or any Subscription is terminated by EAB Journal, you will be entitled to receive a refund of any credits or pre-payments which remain unused at the time of termination unless such use is terminated because you are in breach of these Terms (which will be determined solely by EAB Journal). You will continue to be responsible for any fees or other charges you have incurred prior to such termination. You may be able to use the Site to purchase products or services from EAB Journal’s third party partners. In that event, your contract for such products will be with the third party partner and not with EAB Journal. If you are entitled to a refund under these Terms, refunds can only be made to the credit/debit/charge card that was used for the original purchase, unless it has expired in which case we will contact you.
- LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY: Although we endeavour to ensure the high quality and accuracy of the Site, EAB Journal makes no warranty, express or implied concerning EAB Journal Content, the Site which are provided "as is". EAB Journal expressly disclaims all warranties, including but not limited to warranties of fitness for a particular purpose and warranties of merchantability. In no event will EAB Journal, its affiliates, agents, suppliers or licensors be liable for indirect, special, incidental, and/or consequential damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of business information or other pecuniary loss) that may arise directly or indirectly from the use of (or failure to use) or reliance on the Services, even if EAB Journal has been advised of the possibility that such damages may arise. EAB Journal does not guarantee the accuracy, content, or timeliness of the Services or that they are free from viruses or other contaminating or destructive properties. In no event will any liability of EAB Journal or its affiliates, agents, suppliers and licensors to you (and/or any third party) that may arise out of any kind of legal claim (whether in contract, tort, or otherwise) in any way connected with the Services or in breach of these Terms by EAB Journal exceed the amount, if any, paid by you to EAB Journal for the particular Service to which the claim relates. Upon EAB Journal’s request, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless EAB Journal, its affiliates, agents, suppliers and licensors from any claims and expenses, including reasonable legal fees, related to any breach of these Terms by you or your use of any Services.
- FORCE MAJEURE: EAB Journal will not be held responsible for circumstances beyond its control. EAB Journal its affiliates and its information providers will not be liable or deemed to be in default for any delay or failure in performance or interruption of the delivery of the EAB Journal Content that may result directly or indirectly from any cause or circumstance beyond its or their reasonable control, including but not limited to failure of electronic or mechanical equipment or communication lines, telephone or other interconnect problems, computer viruses, unauthorised access, theft, operator errors, severe weather, earthquakes or natural disasters, strikes or other labour problems, wars, or governmental restrictions.
- ADVERTISING, THIRD PARTY CONTENT AND OTHER WEB SITES: Parts of the Site may contain advertising or other third party content. Advertisers and other content providers are responsible for ensuring that such material complies with international and national law. EAB Journal is not responsible for any third party content or error, or for any omission or inaccuracy in any advertising material. The Site may also contain links to other web sites. EAB Journal is not responsible for the availability of these websites or their content.
- CHANGES TO THESE TERMS: EAB Journal may, in its discretion, change these Terms (including those that relate to your use of the Site, or EAB Journal Content). Whenever the Terms are changed, EAB Journal will notify you by e-mail or by publishing the revised terms on the website. If you use the Site after EAB Journal has published or notified you of the changes, you are agreeing to be bound by those changes. If you do not agree to be bound by those changes, you should not use the Site any further after they are published.
- GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION: These Terms shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, English law. The parties irrevocably agree that the courts of England shall (subject to the paragraph below) have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute which may arise out of, under, or in connection with these Terms or the legal relationship established by them, and for those purposes irrevocably submit all disputes to the jurisdiction of the English courts. For the exclusive benefit of EAB Journal, EAB Journal shall also retain the right to bring proceedings as to the substance of the matter in the courts of the country of your residence or, where these Terms are entered into in the course of your trade or profession, the country of your principal place of business.
- TERM AND TERMINATION: EAB Journal may terminate or suspend your access to EAB Journal content at any time. EAB Journal may, in its discretion, terminate or suspend your access to and/or use of all or part of the Site with or without cause by delivering notice to you. These rights of termination are in addition to all other rights and remedies available to EAB Journal under these Terms or by law.